Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Stipend Scholarship
The Australian Government Research Training Program (RTP) International Stipend Scholarship provides a living allowance and tuition fees for high-quality research higher degree students. They are awarded on academic merit and research experience and/or potential.
To be eligible for a RTP International Stipend Scholarship, you must:
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset or RTP Allowance a student must be a domestic student or an overseas student enrolled in an accredited HDR course of study at an Australian HEP.
- To be eligible for a RTP Stipend a student must not be receiving income from another source to support that student’s general living costs while undertaking their course of study if that income is greater than 75 per cent of that student’s RTP Stipend rate. Income unrelated to the student’s course of study or income received for the student’s course of study but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs is not to be taken into account.
- To be eligible for a RTP Fees Offset a student must not be receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth designed to offset HDR fees.
These scholarships are for commencement between 1 January 2018 and 30 March 2018. Students must be enrolled as full-time, on-campus for the duration of their candidature.
RTP Round Dates:
(Applications can only be accepted during Scholarship Round Dates)
|Opens||14 August||Closes||29 September|
AU$27,082 (2018 rate) per annum tax free for full-time students, paid in fortnightly instalments.
Three years full-time for a doctoral degree, two years for a research Master's degree. The duration of an RTP stipend scholarship cannot be extended.
How to apply:
Please make sure you read the International Student Scholarship Application Guidelines.
Complete the International Students Scholarship Application Form.
Detailed instructions are included on the form. Please make sure all required documentation is attached, or your application may not be considered.
Supervisor Statement of Support
- All applicants must submit a Statement of Support from their Principal Supervisor. The University will not request statements on your behalf.
- This statement should be no more than 500 words and should outline alignment of the applicant’s research proposal with the School research priorities and provide a clear indication of the level of support of the student’s project.
- There is no specific form for the statement of support and it can be submitted direct to Research Services by the supervisor via email to email@example.com or it may be supplied by the Supervisor to the student for attachment to this application.
- All applicants must provide two referee reports. The University will not request reports on your behalf.
- Referees must be qualified to speak with knowledge about the applicants work during the qualification most relevant to this application and on your capacity for research. If you are also basing this application on relevant work experience/training, at least one referee must be able to comment on relevant experience.
Applicants must provide contact details of referees on the scholarship application. Applicants must request their referees to submit their written reports directly to the University using the Referee's Report Form.
For further information please contact https://hdr.custhelp.com/.
Further information about these scholarships can be found on the UNE HDR Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship Policy webpage and in the Commonwealth Scholarships Guidelines (Research) 2017.