Grant Forms and Resources
The following forms for research grants are important for administrative, auditing and legal purposes and are also designed to minimise risk to the University and UNE researchers. Also find out about submitting a research grant application for further information.
Project Approval Form
All research grant applications — whether UNE is the administering organisation submitting the application, or if UNE is just a collaborating institution on the application being submitted elsewhere — must be emailed to the Research Services Grants team. Each application should be accompanied by a completed Project Approval Form.
Request for Legal Approval (RLA) Form
The Request for Legal Approval (RLA) form, formerly called the 'Authority to Sign Agreement form (ATSA)', is for research grant agreements and research consultancy agreements. This form is an instruction to the Legal Office that the agreement has School approval, and is therefore ready to be signed by UNE. Please download the latest version of the form via the Legal Office website.
The following links will be useful to UNE researchers applying for and managing their successful grants. The Australian Competitive Grants Register is a list of nationally competitive and highly prestigious grant schemes which are classed as 'Category 1' funding by the Australian government. My Research contains information to enable researchers to track grant expenditure and milestones once a successfully-funded research Project is underway. The other links will assist with preparing grant application budgets.
- Australian Competitive Grants Register (ACGR)
- Field of Research (FoR) Codes and Socio-Economic Objective (SEO) Codes
- Grants with PhD Scholarships - advice
- Digital Research Support - including Data Management
- My Research (Log in with your UNE username and password to view your grant income and expenditure details, milestone dates etc.)
- Successful ARC Grants Library. UNE researchers may apply for access to copies of successful Australian Research Council applications. After your request is processed (please allow 24 hours), you will be able to login to the following secure site via your current UNE username and password: https://equella.une.edu.au/logon.do
- Epigeum’s Enhancing Research Impact Course is a valuable resource now available to all UNE researchers through the UNE Moodle site. You use your normal UNE login, but first, you need to be added to the course site by sending an email to email@example.com. Please allow 24 hours for your access to be arranged.
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts (link to HR website - UNE staff login required)
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts (Excel file)
- UNE Salary rates and oncosts for ARC applications (Excel file)
- Charge-out Rates (Excel file)
- UNE Travel Procedures
- UNE staff travel information (UNE staff login required)
- Meal and Accommodation Rates — Australian Taxation Office
- International Daily Subsistence Rates, including accommodation
- Post-Award Financial Management of Research Grants and Projects (including Budget and Acquittal Template)