4.01c General Information for WHS webpage
The WHS Unit is part of the Workplace Relations Health & Safety Team of the Human Resource Services Directorate.
The WRHS Unit is located on the third floor of TC Lamble building opposite the HR reception.
Email contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone 02 6772 3232
Copies of current policies are located on UNE policy website http://www.une.edu.au/policies
- WHS Policy
- Children in the Workplace Policy
- Fieldwork Policy
- First Aid Policy
- Hazardous Substance Policy
- Work at Height Policy
- Infectious Diseases Policy
- A range of checklists are available on WHS (previously OHS) website.
- The HRS Handbook contains a collection of customised inspection checklists. Hard copies are available from WHS Unit.
- Fieldwork risk assessment checklists are available on OHS webpage. Trip forms and risk assessments records are maintained by the relevant school or faculty.
- Checklists for staff working off campus require WHS endorsement prior to being processed by HRS staff.
New staff induction checklists need to be completed by the staff member’s supervisor.
- Most WHS Working Groups carry out inspections according to a predetermined schedule.
- It is recommended that staff members contact the WHS Unit if they need to have their workplace inspected or require copies of inspections.
A self assessment checklist for computer workstations (4.12) is available from the website. It is recommended that staff carry out a self assessment before requesting an inspection by OHS Unit staff.
- Registers of incidents and dangerous occurrences are maintained by the WHS Unit
- Staff wishing to make a Workers Compensation claim must submit an incident report before submitting a Workers Compensation claim. Incident report forms may be downloaded from the website.
- If it is not possible for the injured person to immediately complete an incident report form staff are requested to email or phone the WHS unit to inform them that an incident has occurred. The completed incident may be submitted at a later date.
- Workers Compensation Claim forms are available from the return to Work Co-ordinator Ph 02 6773 3434 email@example.com
UNE now has membership of International SOS, which offers emergency medical support and evacuation for international travellers on University business.
Staff who travel overseas regularly or occassionally are encouraged to save the URL below to their favourites and download the International SOS App for use on smart-phones, if you have one.
- No password is necessary for accessing the UNE Travel Safe site (Global Assistance Program)
- To activate the App you will need to enter the account code (12AYCA000142)
- This website has information and email alerts on over 200 countries and 300 cities, so it should be the first place to look when preparing for an overseas trip.
If any specific questions about trips, either health or safety related, please can call the Alarm Centre for trip specific advice.
Alarm Centre numbers are listed on the UNE page for Philadelphia, Singapore and London. The 24 hour Sydney number is 02 9372 2468
The other site staff are encouraged to use is DFAT Smart Traveller - http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/ - which all Australian citizens and residents should use when travelling overseas.
The International SOS App empowers business travellers and expatriates to make informed decisions in order to:
- Quick dial for immediate help from an International SOS alarm centre, whether it's for an emergency or just for advice.
- Access comprehensive, updated health, safety and security advice on countries around the world to help prepare your employees.
- If you manage the International SOS program in your company, the App will help raise awareness and usage of your membership so your colleagues better understand its value and available resources.
- Ensure you always have your membership number.
Select your phone type below to download the application today.
We've created a customisable email template for you to share this app with your colleagues. Click here to open the email and add your logo and contact details into the text.