Project Management, an Introduction
Understand what "projects" are, and how they are becoming a part of organisational thinking. Identify your role as project manager and the skills required of you. Recognise the steps you must take to keep budgets on track. Identify the key factors in project success. Become more skilled at presenting ideas and asking for feedback.
This course is offered at various times, depending on needs, and is aimed more for work projects other than research projects.
Course Content in Brief:
- What is a Project?
- Why Project Manage?
- Different Project Management Methodologies
- Guiding Principles in a Well Managed Project
- Roles and Responsibilities
- The Project Lifecycle
- Detailed Planning
- Identifying and Mitigating Risks
- The Communications Plan
- Preparing a Budget
- Monitoring and Control of a Project
- Project Start-up
- Managing Change in a Project (Change to Scope)
- Tracking and Escalating Issues
- Status Reports
- Project Closure
- Different Management Styles and the Project Manager
- Communications and Working with People
- Question and Answer session
Please register by nomination in Web Kiosk. For HDR/Post Graduates & External Pariticpants, please complete the registration form and email to Organisational Development, or fax 2755 or by internal mail.