Services for distance students
Borrowing from home
Distance students can borrow from home. The service is free, but students are responsible for postage back to the Library.
The Library will provide distance students with PDF copies of paper journal articles, book chapters or law cases (all free of charge) using our Web-based request forms.
Don't know which chapter you need?
If you are unsure which chapter you need from a particular book, we will send you a scan of the book's Table of Contents. You can request these pages using request form for book chapters.
Ask for a Subject search if you want clues from a Librarian on how to find information for your assignments.
Borrowing from other university libraries
You can borrow books by joining another university library, if you live or work close to such an institution.
Distance Student Enquiries are toll-free on 1800 059 735 1800 059 735 FREE .
Recommend a book/DVD purchase
There is an online form which allows you to recommend the purchase of a book/DVD for the Library's collection.
Finding out more
Have a question? Ask Library staff located at the Service Desks in the Learning Commons,
You can also make an appointment to see a librarian using our Book a Librarian service.
- Make use of our chat service during the day from Monday to Friday from 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM. Live chat is also available during evenings from Monday to Thursday between 6.00 PM to 8.00 PM.
- Check our Support pages for answers to common questions.
- Try the Library Subject Guides for tips on which databases to use for your studies.
- Not sure where to start? Try Summon to search for articles and books at the same time.
- The catalogue will let you know if UNE holds particular books, ebooks, journals and ejournals.