EndNote is a personal reference database program. The main functions of such programs are to:
- maintain a personal 'library' of references
- download references from other databases
- insert references in word-processed documents
- generate a bibliography in the correct style for publication.
How to obtain EndNote
All UNE staff, higher degree, postgraduate and Honours students (including those in LS 400, RUSC 490, NR 490 and GEPL 455) are entitled to a copy of EndNote.
EndNote X4 software is currently available for PCs and for Macintosh computers using OS 10.
UNE staff and higher degree students can access EndNote by direct download from the IT site.
If you are an Honours student, you can obtain your copy through the UNE IT Service Desk on the Ground Floor of the Information Technology Division building. Visit the Service Desk in person or ask for EndNote to be sent to you. You will need to provide your:
- full name and home address
- student number
- computer's operating system, eg Windows XP, Vista etc or Macintosh OS 10.2.
The IT Service Desk email is firstname.lastname@example.org and the telephone number is (02) 6773 5000 (extn 5000 on campus).
There is now a Web-based version of EndNote. For information on this product, see the EndNote Web page.