Printing, copying and scanning
Computers in the Learning Commons connect to the University's network of Multifunction Devices (MFDs), which combine printing, copying and scanning capabilities.
Students can send print jobs from any computer (including laptops on the Commons wireless network) to MFDs across the University network.
Additional MFD devices are available on each level of the Library building and in the Law Library.
Printing, copying and scanning is available in both black & white (b&w) and full colour.
Although scanning is free, you must add money to your UNE Card before you can print or copy using the MFDs.
Printing and copying is charged is $0.10 (b&w) and $0.20 (colour) per single-sided A4 page.
Double-sided printing is simply cheaper. The cost is $0.18 (b&w) and $0.38 (colour) per double-sided A4 page.
Associating your UNE card
The first time you use the MFDs, you will need to associate your UNE card with the new system. This is easy. To associate your card:
- Touch your UNE Card to the area labelled Please Swipe Here on the MFD.
- Enter your UNE username/password in the two empty fields (ignore the names given to each field).
- Press the Validate button.
Charging your card
Money can be added to your UNE Card using:
- the Charge machine in the Dixson Library foyer.
- using your credit card in MyLibrary (just click on the Recharge the Card icon).
Both black-and-white and colour copying is available from the MFDs.
Print jobs can be printed on any MFD on campus. Students using the public machines in the Learning Commons need to logon to the printer network before printing.
To logon to the printer network, follow these steps:
- Click on the Print Logon icon on the desktop. Wait until the Network Password window appears.
- Enter UNE\ and then your username (eg UNE\jbloggs) in the first field.
- Enter your UNE password in the second field.
- Click on the OK button.
Free scanning is available from any MFD in the Library, but you must have a UNE email address. The scanned documents are saved in PDF format.