Printing, copying and scanning
Computers in the Learning Commons connect to the University's network of Multifunction Devices (MFDs), which combine printing, copying and scanning capabilities. MFDs are available on each level of the Library building and in the Law Library.
Printing, copying and scanning are available in both black & white (b&w) and full colour.
Charging your card
The first time you use the MFDs, you will need to associate your UNE card with the system. To do so:
- Touch your UNE Card to the card reader (labelled Please Swipe Here) on the MFD.
- Enter your UNE username/password in the two empty boxes which appear on the display.
Money can be added to your UNE card, using a credit card, debit card or PayPal with the payment gateway. Here you can also check your balance and review your printing history
In MyLibrary you can go to the payment gateway by clicking on the Recharge the Card icon.
To copy, press your UNE card against the card reader and click on the Copy icon.
Print jobs can be printed on any campus MFD. However, if you are using a public computer in the Learning Commons, you will need to logon to the printer network before printing.
Follow these steps:
- Click on the Print Logon icon on the computer desktop. Wait until the Network Password window appears.
- Enter UNE\ and then your username (eg UNE\jbloggs) in the first field.
- Enter your UNE password in the second field.
- Click on the OK button.
Once you have sent you job to the printer, you can go to any campus MFD and press your UNE card against the card reader. You will then be able to review, release (print) or cancel your print jobs.
Scanning can be done on any MFD. Scanned documents are sent as PDFs to your UNE email address.
Printing and copying is charged at 10 cents per single A4 b&w print (18 cents for double-sided). A3 b&w and A4 colour are 20 cents per copy (38 cents double sided). Scanning is free.