Clarivate Analytics will be the exclusive provider of citation data to the ARC for ERA 2018. Now is an opportune time for members of the UNE academic community to discover how Clarivate's products can help them in their career.
On Wednesday, 21 February, the Library will host training sessions in the Letters Room on Level 2 in Dixson Library.
Session 1: Where Should I Publish?
Using Web of Science, JCR and EndNote to Inform manuscript submission.
- Find the right journals with Manuscript Matcher.
- Find highly-cited journals in your field with Journal Citation Reports.
- Find which journals have published the most papers on your topic.
Time: 10.00-10.45 AM
Session 2: Build your identity
- Author identifiers – Researcher ID & ORCID.
- Set up your ResearcherID account.
- Find your publications in Web of Science and claim them to your ResearcherID account.
- Add your publications to ResearcherID.
- Transfer publications between ResearcherID and ORCID.
- Search WoS by ResearcherID or ORCID.
- Understand how to export information from your Researcher Profile (creating a list of publications).
- Learn to calculate total citations, citation trend data and h-index.
- Learn which citation indicators to use at a researcher level.
Time: 11.00 AM-12.00 noon
Session 3: Identify Collaborators
Use Web of Science Core Collection to identify potential collaborators within your field of research
- Which authors are writing the most papers on your topic?
- Who are the authors of Highly Cited and Hot Papers on your topic?
- Who are the authors of the most influential papers in emerging areas of research?
- Which authors have cited you?
- Who are the authors writing on your topic with the most citation impact?
Time: 12.15-1.00 PM
Session 4: What is your scholarly impact?
- Citation counts in Web of Science.
- Analyze the citing articles.
- Determine your h-Index in Web of Science.
- Citation baselines in Essential Science Indicators.
- Highly Cited Papers and Hot Papers.
- Author performance metrics in InCites Benchmarking and Analytics.
- How much interest has your work generated?
Time: 1.30-2.30 PM
Session 5: Benchmarking institutions using Incites
- Organisations Tab.
- Compare an Institute by size, discipline or region.
- Filter Bar.
- Collaborating Institutes.
- Ranking collaborations.
- Choosing Metrics.
- Visualisation - Metric bar.
- People, Research Area, Journal, and Funding Agency explorers.
Advanced Incites Benchmarking institutions
- Develop strategies to evaluate institutes that are contextually comparable.
- Contrast institutes based on volume output overall or within subject areas.
- Understand the pitfalls of comparing departments or institutes from different regional contexts, varying funding models or different research areas.
- Develop an overview (output and performance) of the institute’s key researchers and their areas of collaboration
Time: 2.45-4.00 PM