Visiting Academics (Research) and Visiting Research Students

University policy requires that overseas visitors obtain the correct visa while engaged with training or research. Overseas visitors will fall into one of the below categories, listed in line with visas offered by Department of Immigration and Border Protection:

  • Visiting Academics (Research) and Visiting Research Students: Individuals who are associated with another institution who are invited to visit Australia to observe or participate in an Australian research project.
    Training Activity Visa (subclass 408)
  • Occupational Trainee: Postgraduate students, or recent doctoral graduates who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or participate in classroom based professional development activities. Please contact HR Services if you wish to invite an Occupational Trainee to UNE.
    Training Visa (407)

Forms, Templates and Process Documents

Visiting Academics (Research) - Step by Step Guide

Visiting Research Students - Step by Step Guide