What is induction?
The Staff Induction is for all new staff at UNE. It means you will have all the information you need to get started at UNE, and know the rights and responsibilities as a staff member.
As well as getting the information you need by using these starting@une webpages, the induction for new staff involves:
- Meeting your supervisor - about your job, your role, reporting lines
- Setting goals with your supervisor
- Every Monday at 11am
- Meet at the 'new staff' table in the Booloominbah cafe
- For directions, ring x3583 or email OD
- Induction sessions continue each Monday at 12pm for your first month at UNE
See this Induction guide for an outline of your Induction.
The sessions will give you an insight into UNE, our values and strategic priorities, introduce you to people from the areas you'll need to be in touch with, and the systems and support they provide.
- It is essential that all UNE staff comply with the legislative and policy requirements for the University and the sector
- All staff are required to complete the online courses within their first month of starting work, so that you will understand your rights and responsibilities as a UNE staff member.
The online course consists of:
- UNE code of conduct
- Conflicts of Interest
- Gifts and Benefits
- Fraud and Corruption
- OHS @ UNE
- ESOS (Education Services for Overseas Students) national code
- EO online fair play
start my online induction now - ODU-01 Staff compulsory courses in Moodle (needs UNE login)
No login yet? See the IT getting started guide