Career Development can provide advice about:
- career paths and planning
- current studies and transferring to a more suitable course
- job applications and interview techniques
- Work Integrated Learning and if/how it fits into your study program
To make an appointment, please contact via telephone 02 6773 2897.
Face-to-face appointments are available for on-campus students, while phone appointments are available for online students. Appointments are generally 30 minutes in duration.
For enrolled UNE students, there is no charge for an appointment.
If you cannot attend your appointment, please telephone and cancel so that your slot can be made available to other students.
Preparation for your Appointment
It is important that students make the most of their appointment time and preparing before they attend is a valuable strategy. Students should adopt this type of strategy early in preparation for employment.
Before attending an appointment, please consider:
- what type of work would suit you
- which employers you might be able to work for
- relevant job titles (think outside the box)
- how you imagine your career developing
- whether or not you are in the right course
- whether or not postgraduate study is an option
Please understand that Career Development will provide feedback on draft versions of job applications and resumes, but will not write any part of a student's job application. Staff are happy to guide you with your applications and other jobsearch activities.