The English Language Centre is located within the newly refurbished International Precinct Building on the university campus. It is opposite a park inhabited by kangaroos and deer, and a mosque used by international students and members of the Armidale community.
Classes are taught within the building and elsewhere in the university. The centre has a self access study area with reading, writing and listening materials as well as computers linked to the university and the internet. Students can also access their student email accounts and the internet in the university computer labs and colleges.
The ELC and International Services offer the following services once you have fully enrolled:
- Airport pick-up (Armidale Terminal)
- Accommodation options and ongoing support
- Comprehensive orientation program on arrival to familiarise students with issues that are likely to arise during their stay in Australia
- Course advice and administration
- Scholarships and research grants advice
- Family support advice including schooling, child care and work permits
- Welfare support for a wide range of matters including housing, education and referrals to other services for academic, health and financial matters
- VISA information and advice
The University of New England's support services are also available to ELC students and these include: