The Timetabling unit is part of the Directorate of Student Administration and Services. To know if we are the right people to talk to we have provided below a list of the areas we are responsible for and those which we are not along with who you should contact for such information. If you are still unsure if we can help you, you are welcome to send a query to us via AskUNE.
What we do
- Collect requirements and schedule classes for on-campus units at UNE.
- Collect requirements and schedule classes for intensive schools for off-campus units at UNE.
- Publish class timetables on the web for UNE students and staff.
- Provide help on reading and understanding timetables on the UNE web.
- Resolve clashes on timetables for all core unit patterns in UNE degrees.
- Make ad hoc class and seminar bookings for honours, thesis and reading units at UNE.
- Make room bookings for non-unit activities such as meetings, seminars and general student activities via the online form on the Room Bookings.
What we don't do
- Manage events that require specialist services e.g. PoPE Applications, sale/service of alcohol. These are managed through FMS Events
- Provide access or security to rooms. Contact Safety and Security which is part of FMS.
- Purchase, install, maintain or repair equipment in rooms. Contact Information Technology Audio Visual services on X2489.
- Manage utilities such as heating, lighting and water supply in rooms. Contact Facilities Management Services.
- Create or generate maps of the UNE buildings and rooms or provide mapping services. Contact Facilities Management Services.
- Arrange accommodation for students attending intensive schools at UNE. Contact UNE Residential Services.
- Arrange or hire transport for students attending intensive schools at UNE on excursions. Contact Vehicle and Mechanical Services which is part of the Financial Services directorate.
- Assist with enrolments and information about course progression or unit pre-requisites. Contact the Student Central.
- Provide information on supply or despatch of teaching materials. Contact the Teaching and Learning Centre.
- Collect, schedule and publish examination timetables. Contact Examinations.
- Manage examination centres and changes to exam locations. Contact Examinations.
Class Starting Times
Even though the timetable shows classes running to a full hour, the typical length for teaching activities at UNE comprises of 50 minute periods to allow for breaks, travel time between classes for students and setup time for teaching staff.
The classes will start on the hour before lunch and 10 minutes after the hour after lunch. The switch from 'on' to 'after' the hour either side of a lunch hour is to allow students extra time to transit to/from the colleges for lunch.
|0800 - 0850||1310 - 1400|
|0900 - 0950||1410 - 1500|
|1000 - 1050||1510 - 1600|
|1100 - 1150||1610 - 1700|
|1200 - 1250||1710 - 1800|