Uniting Church Chaplaincy @ UNE
Peace be with you!
The Uniting Church in Australia was formed in 1977 by a union between the Congregational, Methodist and (some) Presbyterian Churches in Australia. As part of the whole Christian tradition, the Uniting Church inherits reformed, evangelical, ecumenical and contextual theological influences.
The Uniting Church seeks:
- fresh expressions of God's mission and Christian community for our time'
- effective evangelism, discipleship formation and leadership development for the contemporary context;
- reconciliation between Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and other Australians;
- peacemaking in the midst of a multicultural, cross-cultural and diverse world;
- dialogue with other faiths in order to promote mutual respect and understanding;
- the protection and promotion of human rights; and
- respect for all God's creation and the harmonious living of humans with our environment.
The Uniting Church Chaplaincy Team at UNE is:
Revd Dr Anita Monro (Team Leader) - Mobile: 0409 273 059; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr James Ellis (Mission Worker) - Mobile: 0414 524 465
Mr Ashish Garit (Mission Worker) - Mobile: 0433 066 936
We're on Facebook!
We're located on the academic campus at "The Lodge" between the Oorala Centre and the International Students Centre.
Our office hours are:
Wednesdays 10 am to 12.30 pm;
Thursdays 10 am to 3 pm (during teaching time)
Office Phone: 6773 3739
Bible Study: Wednesdays 12.30 - 1.30 pm (during teaching time)