Religious Groups in Armidale
A wide range of Christian denominations and some other religious groups meet in Armidale for worship and other activities and welcome members of the university community.
- Anglican Church See also Anglican@UNE link in the side bar.
- Armidale Community Church (Australian Christian Churches/Assemblies of God) 68a Markham Street; Sunday Services 9.30 am and 6 pm. Ph: (02) 6771 4162 (b), (02) 6771 4161 (ah). Email: email@example.com Minister: Dr David Logan.
- Armidale Church of Christ Sunday Services at Presbyterian Ladies College Chapel, Crest Road, 10:00 am. Minister: Pastor Andrew East Ph: 0412 870 508 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Armidale District Baptist Church Corner of Jessie St and Rusden St; Sunday Services 9.30 am (with Sunday School) and 6.30 pm. Ph: (02) 6772 3316 (church office), (02) 6771 5360 (ah). Minister: Rev. Andrew Coburn Ph: (02) 6772 1965 Mobile: 0408 401 534 Email: email@example.com
- Baha'i Faith There is an active Baha'i group in Armidale which meets regularly. For further information contact Amin Amini (at New England Persian Carpets). Ph: (02) 6772 7777 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buddhist There is an active Buddhist community in Armidale which conducts meditation meetings 6-7 pm on Monday at the Armidale Community Buddhist Centre, 211 Beardy Street (above the Mandarin Chinese Restaurant) and special activities at the Vajra Ling Gompa, Rocky River from time to time. Phone Pedro on 0478 008 840 or email email@example.com to receive current information and be put on the mailing list.
- Catholic Church See Catholic@UNE link in the side bar.
- Christian Outreach Centre 28 - 30 Claude St; Main meeting 10.00am Sunday. Ph: (02) 6771 2500 (Church) Pastors: Stan Williams 0427 546 697 & Liz Williams 0438 752 322 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints Oak Tree Drive; Sacrament Meeting, Sunday 10 am, Sunday School 11.20 am, Priesthood/Relief Society Meetings 12.10 pm; Branch President: Elder Max Owens Ph: (02) 6772 9943
- Hindu If you would like to make contact with other people of the Hindu faith in Armidale, then please contact Punitha LeJambre Ph: (02) 6772 1659 Email: email@example.com
- Jewish There is no formal Jewish community in Armidale, although there are some Jewish people. In 2006 we were visited for the first time by the team from Chabad of Rural and Regional Australia. They visit from time to time and their website contains a host of information, including contact details.
- Orthodox Church There is no Orthodox church in Armidale, but an Orthodox priest visits Armidale several times a year.
- St Paul's Presbyterian Church Faulkner Street; Sunday Services 9.30 am and 7 pm; Ph: (02) 6772 2305 (office), (02) 6772 3093 (ah) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Minister: Rev David Seaman
- Presbyterian Church of Eastern Australia 35 Kirkwood Street (East); Sunday worship times - 9.30 am & 7 pm. Every second Sunday at 4.30 pm, a youth service is held. Ph: (02) 6772 1360
- Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) Meeting on first and third Sundays of each month 10.00.-11.00 am at Kent House, Faulkner Street, with shared refreshments and conversation afterwards. Contact: Joy Bowles Ph: (02) 6772 6866 Mobile: 0403 966 517 Email: email@example.com or Helen Stokes Ph: (02) 6772 6369
- Salvation Army 100 Beardy St; Sunday service at 10 am; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Ph: (02) 6772 1184; Officers: Lts Ged & Jeanie Oldfield Mobile: 0417 293 378 Email: email@example.com
- Seventh Day Adventist 67 Erskine St. (North Hill); Sabbath School (Bible Study) at 10:00am Saturday mornings and worship at 11:30am Saturday mornings. Pastor: Benjamin Galindo; Mobile: 0406 655 112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Uniting Church See also Uniting@UNE link in the side bar.
Most groups conduct other activities during the week. For further information, visit the website or use the contact details provided.
The information above is provided for the use of the University community and does not imply endorsement by the University of New England.