First year options
If you're a new student starting your first year of study at UNE, you will likely move in to college one week earlier than returning students, so that you can be on campus for Wellness Week and Orientation. The options below are specifically for First Year students, commencing from Sunday February 18, 2018.
- All contract options are subject to availability.
- All college residents require an academic gown for formal dinners and other activities. First year residents collect an academic gown during orientation week. The academic gown charge ($110 incl GST) is placed on the resident's account.
- Extensions to arrival date and departure date on these contract options may be possible on request at the same contracted nightly rate.
- 2018 contracts cannot be extended past the 3 January 2019. Requests for extension of stays may require you to move to another residence during the November to January period.
- The opening and closing dates for the processing of applications for different accommodation contract options are required to meet the minimum time frame for the contract.
- Applications for accommodation for stays of less than 8 weeks can be made through the casual student online portal.
- Cancellation Fee is $2200 for Wright College and $1100 for all other UNE Residences.
- Other sundry charges may apply during the residency, for incidentals including:
- Key/Card replacement
- Damage to, or removal of college property
- Fire alarm activation
- Failure to complete check out process
- Overstaying contracted residency
- Room transfer
- Lock out
- Disciplinary breaches.