This is a more comprehensive description of AIA – where we have come from, where we are now and where we are going.
AIA is a non-political, non-religious, non-profit incorporated association that only has one goal – helping International Students who are enrolled at the University of New England.
Some of the things we help with are:
- advising students how to access the various facilities and assistance already within the UNE infrastructure;
- conducting various activities such as bus excursions, picnics, spot-lighting (viewing nocturnal Australian animals), star-gazing (viewing the night sky in the Southern Hemisphere);
- helping the family to settle in to the Armidale community;
- helping with basic crockery, cutlery and furniture if they are living off-campus;
- loaning the various country flags to students and other Armidale organisations;
- we have three sewing machines available for loan;
We are always looking for more members and more volunteers to help in our many activities.