Australian Awards for University Teaching
The Australian Awards for University Teaching (AAUT) are offered through the Australian government's Department of Education. The AAUT are designed to recognise quality teaching practice and outstanding contributions to student learning. It is intended that recipients, with the support of their institutions, will contribute to systemic change in learning and teaching through ongoing knowledge sharing and dissemination: presentations within the learning and teaching community, collegial mentoring, pairing and networking, and involvement in university and higher education committees.
Five Award programs recognising teaching excellence and outstanding contributions to student learning are available:
- Citations for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning
- Awards for Programs that Enhance Learning
- Awards for Teaching Excellence
- Award for Australian University Teacher of the Year (selected from winners of the Awards for Teaching Excellence)
- Career Achievement Award.
AAUT management at UNE
Membership of UNE Grants and Awards Committee
- Pro Vice-Chancellor, (Academic) — Chair
- Chair of University Teaching and Learning Committee
- Director, Teaching and Learning Support
- External member who is, or has been, an assessor for the Australian Awards for University Teaching
- Four (minimum) members of staff, who are recipients of an Australian Award for University Teaching, or Chairs of the School Teaching and Learning Committees
- One undergraduate student member
- One postgraduate student member.
Queries may be directed to UNE's AAUT Program Manager:
02 6773 5190