Background and objectives:
The OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Examination) is a core component of the summative assessment strategy of the Joint Medical Program.
It has been identified as an activity that can be potentially enhanced through the use of computer-based applications delivered through a tablet interface, such as an iPad, delivering multiple benefits in the short term, and potentially significant benefits to the JMP in the longer term.
The UNE eOSCE system has been developed by the School of Rural Medicine to address these objectives. It comprises of:
- A web-based application to :
- Construct and manage the OSCE assessments
- Manage student enrolment in the OSCEs
- Manage results from the OSCEs
- Provide timely feedback to students at the end of the assessment event
- A mobile application (iOS and Android) for markers to conduct assessments within the University or in the field.
Project manager and sponsor: