Higher Degree Research
Higher Degree Research
- Dele Ogunmola (PEAC), 'The Slippery Slopes into Civil War: Comparing Explanations for the Intra-state Wars in Sierra Leone and Cote d'Ivoire'.
- Zahid Ahmed (PAIS), 'Regionalism and Regional Security in South Asia: an Examination of the Role and Achievements of SAARC'.
- Lahai(PEAC), 'Women and the Gendered Frontiers of Conflict and Post-conflict Transformation in Sierra Leone and Liberia'.
- Rashid Mnette (PEAC), 'Member Participation in Tanzanian Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies)
- Nicola Forster (ARPA), 'Non-Destructive PXRF for Archaeological Provenancing: Obsidian and Ceramics from the Near East'.
- Jean Luxford (CLLA), Pagan Angels in Greek Inscriptions: a Reconsideration of the Evidence'.
BA Hons first-class
- Saurabh Bhattacharya (PHIL, first-class); delivered response on behalf of graduating students
- Nick Wade (ANCH, first-class)
- Jim Tosh (PAIS, first-class)
- Tristan Chapman (ANCH, 2i)
- Ben McIntosh (ANCH 2i)
- Glenys Maree Allison, 'Shadows of the Great War. Group Soldier Settlement in Greater Sydney, 1917-1939'
- Stephan James Cunneen, 'From Phillip to Grose: Leadership in New South Wales from 1788 to 1794'
- David Gawthorne, 'A Noneistic Metaphysics of Content'
- Lisa Christina Intemann, 'Proof of Nothing: Post-modern thought after Leibniz'
- Dwayne Andrew Kennedy, 'Dreaming Emu: Indigenous Cultural Empowerment Through Art as Theraphy - Men and Healing from the Violence of Colonisation'
- Jack Maebuta, 'The Role of Education in Peacebuilding: Integrating Peace Education into Secondary School Social Studies Curriculum in the Solomon Islands'
- David Stoneman, 'The Church Act: The Expansion of Christianity or the Imposition of Moral Enlightenment?'
- Louise Adrian Cook-Tonkin, 'Moral Courage, Resistance and Trauma Response in a Prolonged Conflict: An Example from Aceh'
- Rebecca Ann Fleming, 'Forgotten Women of the Forgotten War: Australian Nurses in the Korean War, 1950-1956'
- Jennifer Anne Lawless, 'Kizmet: The Fate of Australian Gallipoli POWs'
- Sandra Irene Armstrong, 'The Failure of Noble Sentiment: Bogimbah Mission on Fraser Island'
- David Bloodwood, 'Theorising Progressive Change Among Men'
- Kenneth John Mulvaney, 'Murujuga Marni - Dampier Petroglyphs: Shadows in the Landscape Echoes Across Time'
- Fiona Marion Ninnes, 'Exploring Timorese Perspectives of the Australian/Timorese Friendship Agreements'
- Shawn Christopher Rowlands, 'The Manufacturers: Collection, Display and Aboriginality at the Queensland Museum from the Late Nineteenth to the Early Twentieth Century'
- Catherine Therese Clarke, 'Are You Reading Me? Narrative and the Student Experience in Education for Archaeology'
- Lawrenece Raymond Fife, 'Bach Ma: Historical Archaeology at a French Colonial Hill Station, Central Vietnam, 1930-1991'
- Robyn Esther Hanstock, 'Learning Journeys in Women's Organisations: Adult Education Outside Conventional Settings'
- Deanna Rose Iribarnegaray, 'An Interpretation of Global Terrorism (the Bush Years 2001-2008) and Considerations for Peace'
- Marie Kathryn Loller, 'Standing in the Gaps: Peacebuilding through Education in an Arab Christian Community in Galilee, Israel'
- Michael Fenwick Macnamara, 'The Governors of British India During Lord Irwin's Viceroyalty 1926-1931'
- Alan John Mugridge, 'Stages of Development in Scribal Professionalism in Early Christian Circles'
- Manuela Britto Taboada, 'Collaborative Destination Branding: Planning for Tourism Development Through Design in the Waterfall Wat, NSW, Australia'
- Mugutiyapola Gedera Manuratne, 'Sustainable Community Development: A Case Study of Meeghahena Resettlement Unit in Relation to Community Participation in Sri Lanka'
- Chakra Raj Ojha, 'Recovering from Armed Conflict: Return, Reintegration and Rehabilitation of Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) as Elements of Peace Building in Nepal'
- Tonya Joy Rooney, 'Growing up in Surveillance Society: The Changing Spaces of Childhood Experience'
- Quassy Adjapawn, 'Elusive Peace: Interrogating the Inter-Ethic Conflicts in the Northern Region of Ghana (Konkombas and Dagombas); Dr Rebecca Spence, Professor Helen Ware, Dr Jonathon Makuwira, Dr Sirisens Gamage and Dr Bert Jenkins
- Antony Charles Arulanandam, 'Imagining and remembering Home in Australia: A Study of Sri lankan Tamil Diaspora'; Professor Howard Brasted and Dr Siriena George
- Andrew Arthy, 'Operation TOTCH 1942: A Study in Anglo-American Military Decision making', Associate Professor Iain Spence, Professor David Kent and Dr Robert Knowles
- Paul Hamilton Brown, '"Virilis or Muliebris?" The Byzantines in the Italo-Norman Histories of the Eleventh Century', Professor Lynda Garland and Associate Professor Matthew Dillon
- Mary Hewes Buck, 'Music, Geometry and the Listener: Space in the History of Western Philosophy and Western Classical Music', Professor Peter Forrest, Associate Professor Adrian Walsh, Dr Arcady Blinov, Dr Anthony Lynch and Mr Andrew McCue
- Todd James Craig, 'Molecular Taphonomy: An Experimental and Empircal Study of Archaeological Ceramic Residues from Central and Western Turkey'; Dr Peter Grave, Associate Professor Wendy Beck, Dr Stephen Collier and Professor Stephen Glover
- Kenneth Crawford Fraser, 'The Ontological Question in International Relations: Towards a Generic Description of the Unit, with reference to the Case of the Islamic Caliphate', Dr Karin von Strokirch, Dr Graham Young and Adjunct As
- Janette Mary Holcomb, 'Opportunities and Risks in the Development of the NSW Shipping Industry, 1821-1850'; Dr David Andrew Roberts, Professor Alan Atkinson and Dr Erin Ihde.
- Robert John Lynch, 'Australia's Working Democracy: The GMO Debate and Public Policy Formatioon in Australia'; Dr Tony Lynch, Dr Timothy Batti, Dr David ells and Associate professor Neil Marshall
- Leila Evelyn Sylvia McAdam, 'Beads Across Australia: An Ethnographic and Archaeological View of the Patterning of Aboriginal Ornaments', Emeritus Professor Iain Davidson, professor Mike Morwood and Adjunct Associate Professor June Ross
- Peter Thomas Quiddington, 'Knowledge and its Enemies: Towards a New Case for Higher Learning', Adjunct Professor Jeffrey Archer, Dr Timothy Battin, Associate Professor leo Goedegebuure and David Wells.
- Graeme Bourke, 'The Eleian "Asylia" and the Politics of Archaic and Classical Peloponnese'; Dr Greg Stanton and Assoc. Prof. Iain Spence
- Scott Charlesworth, 'Early Christian Gospels: Their Production and Transmission'; Prof. Greg Horsley, Dr Greg Stanton, Adjunct Prof. Majella Franzmann
- Albrecht Gerber, ' G.A. Deissmann (1866-1937): An Analysis of an Academic and Theological Outsider in Wilhelmine and Weimar Germany and His Diverse, Pioneering Contributions'; Prof. Greg Horsley and Dr John Moses
- Carl Joseph Hooper, 'Koans: The Philosophical Investigations of Zen' (Dr William McDonald, Dr Frances Gray, Dr Anthony Lynch)
- John Peter Lewis, 'The Influence of Karl Bath in the Making of a New North American Evangelicalism' (Professor Majella Franzmann, Dr John Moses)
- Grant Evan Mansfield, 'August to ANZAC: Popular Responses to the Outbreak of the Great War in Australia, 1914-1915' (Associate Professor Iain Spence, Dr Frank Bongiorno, Dr John Moses, Dr Jennifer Clarke, Professor Howard Brasted)
- Michael Gerard O'Loughlin, 'Re-thinking Planning as Catalyzing Emergence and Novelty: A Case of Planning for Complexity at the Regional Scale'; Rebecca Spence, Adjunct Prof. Rod Gill, John Wolfenden, Adjunct Prof John Pigram
- Jennifer Swain, 'Listening to the language of place: comparing Aboriginal and El Salvadoran refugee experiences of place and belonging in Coffs Harbour'; Assoc. Prof. Janis Wilton, Dr Frances Mackay and Prof. Margaret Somerville
- Margaret Ina Vivers, 'Female Perspectives: A Study of the Colonial Texts of Adelaide Bowler and Lucy Gray' (Dr David Roberts, Dr Catherine Waters, Dr Michael Sharkey, Professor David Kent, Associate Professor Janis Wilton)
- Anthony Wormell, 'Roman Concepts of the Afterlife in the Late Republic and Early Principate' (Dr Greg Stanton, Professor Greg Horsley and Dr Charles Tesoriero)
- Edith Miriam Ziegler, 'The Shaping of Alabama's Educational System: Localism, Community and Domain as Persistent Influences on the Development of Alabama's Public Schools, 1865-1915'; Jennifer Clark, Adjunct Prof. David Kent
- Michael Paul Armstrong, 'James Mill, Utilitarianism, and a Programme for Empire; Prof. Howard Brasted, Dr Denis Wright, Prof. David Kent
- Stephen Alexander Chavura, 'Ambiguities in Tudor Protestant Political Thought, 1547-1603'; Emert.Prof. Graham Maddox and Prof. John Moses
- Kathleen Elizabeth Gahan, '"Live Like Us": The Aborigines Welfare Board and Assimilation in Northern NSW'; Dr David Andrew Roberts, Assoc.Prof. Janis Wilton and Dr John Ferry (Deceased)
- Yawei Huang, 'Newman's Epistemology of Religious Beliefs: His Approach to the Justification of belief in the Existence of God'; Prof. Peter Forrest, Dr Tony Lynch, Dr Arcady Blinov, Dr Adrian Walsh
- Rosalind Ellen James, 'Environmental Boundaries in the Central Sydney Basin During the Mid-to-Late Holocene'; Prof. Iain Davidson, Dr Robert Haworth, Dr Lisa Kealhofer, Dr Robert Gargett and Assoc.Prof. Wendy Beck
- Eric Murray Livingston, 'A Study of Sadaq in Daniel 8:14, its Relation to the "Cleanse" Semantic Field, and its Importance for Seventh-Day Adventism's Concept of Investigative Judgment'; Prof. Majella Franzmann and Dr. Jean Harkins
- Robin Katherine Lowry, 'Changing times: Civic Virtue, Morality and the Impeachment of President Bill Clinton', Dr Jennifer Clark, Dr John Atchinson, Dr Jim Maher, Prof. Howard Brastead and Prof. Alan Atkinson
- Michael John Maccheroni, 'The Archaeology of Globalisation and Mainland Southeast Asia, 1570-1640 AD'; Dr Peter Grave, Prof. Mike Morwood and Dr Stephen Collier
- Andrew Wayne Marks, 'The Boarders and Frontiers of Salman Rushdie's "Literary Project": Perspectives of Identity, Culture and Celebrity Drawn from "Fury" and "Step Across This Line"; Assoc.Prof. Jeffrey Archer, Dr Graham Young, Dr David Wells, Dr Tony Lynch and Prof. Graham Maddox
- Julie Anne Marsh, 'Maya in the Modern World: Art Forms, Politics and Identity'; Prof. Howard Brasted, Dr Denis Wright, Dr Frances Gray, Prof. Majella Franzmann and Prof. David Kent
- Kerry Fraser Mills, 'Of the people, by the People, for the people: Law-Making in New South Wales', Prof. Alan Atkinson, Dr. David Andrew Roberts, Dr John Ferry (Deceased) and Dr Frank Bongiorno
- Lesley Ann McLean, ' How Should One Live with Other Animals? An Expanation of the Way Three Philosophers have Answered this Question'; Dr Frances Gray, Dr Tony Lynch and Prof. Majella Franzmann
- John Alan Moss, 'Honouring the Pledge: Australian and New Zealand Defence Consultation and Cooperation, 1944-1972'; Dr Frank Bongiorno, Dr Karen von Strokirch and Assoc. Prof. Iain Spence
- Jean Margaret Neil, 'A Word of His Will Do It: The Importance of Patronage and Kinship in the East India Company in the Early Eighteenth Century', Prof. Howard Brasted, Dr Denis Wright, Dr Bruce Watson and Prof. David Kent
- John Robert Owen, 'A History of the Idea of "Moral Economy": Markets, Conventions and the Philosophy of Popular Entitlement'; Dr Tony Lynch, Prof. David kent, Dr Adrian Walsh, Prof. Peter Forrest and Dr William McDonald
- Rodney Norman James Purvis, 'Religious Morality - Work and Wealth: The Relevance of Religiously Based Moral Principles to Commercial Activities in Australia'; Emert.Prof Graham Maddox and Dr Jennifer Clark
- Margaret Eleanor Rodwell, 'Ollera and its People: A Social and Cultural History of a New England Pastoral Station, 1838-1914'; Dr John Atchison, Prof. David Kent, Assoc.Prof. Janis Wilton and Prof. Alan Atkinson
- Michael Schmitz, 'The Costs and Benefits of Roman Annexation: Dacia AD 106-107'; Assoc.Prof. Iain Spence, Dr Bronwyn Hopwood, Dr Paul Roche, Dr Charles Tesoriero (Deceased), Prof. Gregory Horsley and Prof. David Kent